Re: migrate from Kmail to Thunderbird SOLVED, Thanks - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: migrate from Kmail to Thunderbird SOLVED, Thanks - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:46:11 GMT marc wrote: > I moved everything, by creating an mbox format folder for each Kmail > folder (inbox, sent items, archive, pc related mails, jokes,....) > and copied them over to Thunderbird. > ...

  1. Re: migrate from Kmail to Thunderbird SOLVED, Thanks

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:46:11 GMT marc wrote:

    > I moved everything, by creating an mbox format folder for each Kmail
    > folder (inbox, sent items, archive, pc related mails, jokes,....)
    > and copied them over to Thunderbird.
    > The transition went just fine.

    Glad to hear it!

    > The only glitch was that after copying the mbox files to the
    > Thunderbird local folder, Thunderbird did not startup correctly.
    > Launching Thunderbird the second time solved it.

    Gremlins . Well, I'd like to thank you for starting this thread. As
    a result of checking this out, I followed the steps myself. This got me
    thinking that maybe I'd prefer Thunderbird to KMail for my email, so I
    moved some of my mail and tested it out. It turned out that I'd rather
    stick with KMail, but in doing the comparison, I got interested in
    checking out more of KMail's features.

    I happened to stumble across its ability to import mail from other
    programs. I had never looked at that feature before, because I came
    into Linux from Windows, so I'd never used any other Linux mail
    program. I couldn't believe it when I saw Pegasus Mail listed as one of
    the programs KMail could import from! I dashed off to unzip my Pegasus
    Mail backup and had all of my old mail archives happily nestled in
    KMail in just a few minutes.

    Until now I had resigned myself to working my way gradually through
    those archives in their raw format. Thanks to you I can now access them
    the way they were intended to be accessed, and it's as though I've been
    using KMail with them all along. Weehaw! (:

    --
    Little Girl

    There is no spoon.

  2. Re: migrate from Kmail to Thunderbird SOLVED, Thanks

    Little Girl wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:46:11 GMT marc wrote:
    >
    >> I moved everything, by creating an mbox format folder for each Kmail
    >> folder (inbox, sent items, archive, pc related mails, jokes,....)
    >> and copied them over to Thunderbird.
    >> The transition went just fine.

    > Glad to hear it!
    >
    >> The only glitch was that after copying the mbox files to the
    >> Thunderbird local folder, Thunderbird did not startup correctly.
    >> Launching Thunderbird the second time solved it.

    > Gremlins . Well, I'd like to thank you for starting this thread. As
    > a result of checking this out, I followed the steps myself. This got me
    > thinking that maybe I'd prefer Thunderbird to KMail for my email, so I
    > moved some of my mail and tested it out. It turned out that I'd rather
    > stick with KMail, but in doing the comparison, I got interested in
    > checking out more of KMail's features.
    >
    > I happened to stumble across its ability to import mail from other
    > programs. I had never looked at that feature before, because I came
    > into Linux from Windows, so I'd never used any other Linux mail
    > program. I couldn't believe it when I saw Pegasus Mail listed as one of
    > the programs KMail could import from! I dashed off to unzip my Pegasus
    > Mail backup and had all of my old mail archives happily nestled in
    > KMail in just a few minutes.
    >
    > Until now I had resigned myself to working my way gradually through
    > those archives in their raw format. Thanks to you I can now access them
    > the way they were intended to be accessed, and it's as though I've been
    > using KMail with them all along. Weehaw! (:

    Glad to hear you got something out of it too.
    In general, the people in this newsgroup are very helpfull,
    altough there is also some flaming going on.

  3. Re: migrate from Kmail to Thunderbird SOLVED, Thanks

    On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:47:03 GMT marc wrote:

    > Glad to hear you got something out of it too.

    Yeah, I'd say this worked out well for both of us!

    > In general, the people in this newsgroup are very helpfull,
    > altough there is also some flaming going on.

    Hands marc a band new asbestos suit. (:

    --
    Little Girl

    There is no spoon.