Hello

I'm working with Ubuntu Linux for about 10 months (starting with Edgy
soon after it's release) an am realy content with it. After some good
experience on my desktop I was sure that Ubuntu was the thing I want on
my notebook.

Nearly everything ran out-of-the-box but I do have some troubles with
Suspending. I didn't get Suspend 2 Disk working, it always fails to
recover the old session when booting up and there is a problem with
screensavers and every suspend being done from within GDM as it seems to
turn of the background light of my display and is unable to turn it on
again.

Most annoying however is the Problem with Suspend to RAM I even get when
suspending from another virtual console without gdm running on it
(switching via CTRL+ALT+F1) an doing a

echo mem > /sys/power/state

as root (sudoing an script I created for this) I can suspend Ubuntu most
of the time, but everytime I have thunderbird running it would fail.
Retrying after it ad failed once produces a hang-up.

I am open for any suggestions about all of this problems but I most
urgently want a solution for suspend to ram as this is the feature I
need most.

This is a Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m

Ubuntu 7.04 i386(32bit)

Intel C2D T7200
1 GB RAM
ATI Mobile x1400 with fglrx Driver 8.36.5

/dev/sda3 SWAP
/dev/sda5 /
/dev/sda6 /home/

I hope this is enough information, if not, you can ask me.

Christoph