Re: Wechsel der Graphikkarte - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Wechsel der Graphikkarte - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:31:27 +0100, Trevor Best wrote: >The login screen is probably at a lower resolution than your desktop. I >assume you are getting this message from a TFT monitor? On one of mine >I see a ...

  1. Re: Wechsel der Graphikkarte

    wrote:

    >The login screen is probably at a lower resolution than your desktop. I
    >assume you are getting this message from a TFT monitor? On one of mine
    >I see a "mode not supported" then it gos away when the desktop appears.
    >On main PC I get a click (CRT monitor).
    >ASAIK this is normal.
    >Are you saying this message doesn't go away once it's displayed?

    Hi Trevor

    You are right. I get the message "Attention: New Mode" from my TFT
    monitor the first one ... after changing my graphic card, so I hope
    there is any solution to fix it??? - I can demonstrate the message if
    I change from 1024x768 to 800x600 and so on.

    One way seems dpkg_reconfigure: After it I doesn't get this message,
    but ubuntu doesn't start normal.

    Franz-Josef

  2. Re: Wechsel der Graphikkarte

    fj@huecker.com (Dr. Franz-Josef Huecker) writes:

    > On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:31:27 +0100, Trevor Best
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The login screen is probably at a lower resolution than your desktop. I
    >>assume you are getting this message from a TFT monitor? On one of mine
    >>I see a "mode not supported" then it gos away when the desktop appears.
    >>On main PC I get a click (CRT monitor).
    >>ASAIK this is normal.
    >>Are you saying this message doesn't go away once it's displayed?

    > Hi Trevor
    >
    > You are right. I get the message "Attention: New Mode" from my TFT
    > monitor the first one ... after changing my graphic card, so I hope
    > there is any solution to fix it??? - I can demonstrate the message if
    > I change from 1024x768 to 800x600 and so on.
    >
    > One way seems dpkg_reconfigure: After it I doesn't get this message,
    > but ubuntu doesn't start normal.
    >
    > Franz-Josef

    If I understand properly:

    Normally the login (e.g gnome login) screen is the same resolution as
    the desktop.

    What is probably wrong here is the default boot resolution.

    You might need to modify your /boot/grub/menu.lst and add the vga=
    option.

    e.g vga=791

    See here

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ing+parameters

    --
    "I keep seeing spots in front of my eyes."
    "Did you ever see a doctor?"

+ Reply to Thread