Re: All my oggs in one^H^H^H several baskets - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: All my oggs in one^H^H^H several baskets - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 03:26:30 +0200, Hadron wrote: > I'm always intrigued when someone says "better sound than" with certain > digital formats. Some of the changes, unless you really go for crappy > sampling rates, are so subtle ...

  1. Re: All my oggs in one^H^H^H several baskets

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 03:26:30 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > I'm always intrigued when someone says "better sound than" with certain
    > digital formats. Some of the changes, unless you really go for crappy
    > sampling rates, are so subtle you can't really notice. Do you really
    > notice a big difference moving from mps3 to ogg? What quality setting
    > did you use for the mp3?

    I can't tell the difference between a 256kbs mp3 and a loss-less file so I
    think he is FOS. And I use decent audio equipment too.

  2. Re: All my oggs in one^H^H^H several baskets

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:43:35 GMT
    Fish wrote:

    > I can't tell the difference between a 256kbs mp3 and a loss-less file

    You wouldn't you cloth eared bint :-)

    --
    People say I'm violent.
    Tell 'em it aint true or I'll kick yer teeth in!

  3. Re: All my oggs in one^H^H^H several baskets

    Trevor Best writes:

    > On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:43:35 GMT
    > Fish wrote:
    >
    >> I can't tell the difference between a 256kbs mp3 and a loss-less file

    > You wouldn't you cloth eared bint :-)

    A lot of it can be down to the D-A convertor used.

    I used to laugh at "audiophiles" who wondered at the "quality" of the
    CD. It was far inferior to Vinyl in terms of true fidelity - it was
    however plagued by noise from scratches and dust. Here I use "fidelity"
    to mean the original music content.

    The 441.Khz sampling rate effectively limited what was stored and thus
    what was reproduced.

    --
    I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
    -- Walt Disney

+ Reply to Thread