Re: [OT] Windows XP install - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [OT] Windows XP install - Ubuntu ; On 29 Aug 2007 18:04:35 GMT, Moog wrote: >Marco illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > >> >> Funny that this whole process you desribe only takes me 2 or so hours. > >Yup. It's hilarious. Do you use a partition backup? ...

  1. Re: [OT] Windows XP install

    On 29 Aug 2007 18:04:35 GMT, Moog wrote:

    >Marco illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    >> Funny that this whole process you desribe only takes me 2 or so hours.

    >Yup. It's hilarious. Do you use a partition backup? "Why?", I hear you ask.
    >Well, my recent XP re-install (SP2 version BTW) on a fairly straightforward
    >machine took close to 5 hours to sort out with OS and all hardware
    >configured and "drivered up".
    >
    >BTW. I've been running Windows since 3.11.

    Aww, Jesus Moog. Now ya done it. Dan C's gonna be on your ass too!

    >The fact that you can do it
    >in 2 hours suggest that
    >1) You're lying
    >2) You have absolutely no hardware other than mobo, processor and hard
    >drive.
    >
    >Andrew. Things aren't much better with Vista either FYI.
    >But I presume it will be similar when the SP is released.

  2. Re: [OT] Windows XP install

    Roy illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 29 Aug 2007 18:04:35 GMT, Moog wrote:
    >
    >>Marco illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    >>> Funny that this whole process you desribe only takes me 2 or so hours.

    >>Yup. It's hilarious. Do you use a partition backup? "Why?", I hear you ask.
    >>Well, my recent XP re-install (SP2 version BTW) on a fairly straightforward
    >>machine took close to 5 hours to sort out with OS and all hardware
    >>configured and "drivered up".
    >>
    >>BTW. I've been running Windows since 3.11.

    > Aww, Jesus Moog. Now ya done it. Dan C's gonna be on your ass too!

    I'd heard he swung that way. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    leather straps."