Re: Vitual Terminal Font - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Vitual Terminal Font - Ubuntu ; In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, Chris Game had the audacity to say that: > On 28 Aug 2007 21:16:23 GMT, Rockinghorse Winner wrote: > >> I am typing this with my default slrn editor (joe) from a virtual >> console, and the font ...

  1. Re: Vitual Terminal Font

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, Chris Game had the audacity to say that:

    > On 28 Aug 2007 21:16:23 GMT, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    >
    >> I am typing this with my default slrn editor (joe) from a virtual
    >> console, and the font is very large (about 8 char/inch) but does
    >> not render some ascii characters like the lines for the tree view
    >> correctly. However, this is a recent development; when I first
    >> used a virtual console after installing Kubuntu, the font was
    >> small (though still readable). I don't know what I did except
    >> play with the font settings in xterm and xfce-terminal. How does
    >> one control the font type and size in the virtual console?

    > There's no 'properties' item in the menus of the console somewhere?
    > Usually there are so many user-settable properties in Kubuntu that
    > you trip over them.

    For the Virtual Console (alt-ctl 1-6) I don't know of any settings. Might
    there be a script you could add to the shell profile to adjust the
    font?

    *R* *H*

    --
    If only one of Charles Chaplin's films could be preserved, ``City
    Lights'' (1931) would come the closest to representing all the

  2. Re: Vitual Terminal Font

    On 30 Aug 2007 20:00:01 GMT, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

    > For the Virtual Console (alt-ctl 1-6) I don't know of any
    > settings. Might there be a script you could add to the shell
    > profile to adjust the font?

    That's interesting, I notice that when I display all the start-up
    script responses instead of the splash-screen, the font on screen
    changes from one size of (presumably bitmapped) font to another part
    way through. I wonder how that happens?

    --
    Chris Game