I have been making off site backups of my CentOS Linux servers using rsync.
One of my hosting companies has suddenly gone out of business and I am
unable to access the server that I was renting at that location, however, I
have a complete system backup on another Linux server at a different
location. My question is: Is it possible for me to load that rsync backup
to another computer system that is from a different hardware manufacturer?
That is, once I have procured a replacement system from another vendor, can
I then recover from the rsync backup that I made from the original computer
that is now unavailable.

I am very confident in both my backup and recovery rsync scripts, however, I
am uncertain if the new system would work once the rsync backup was
recovered since its a different piece of computer hardware. FYI, the script
that I am using on my source box is:

#!/bin/sh
#
# rsync backup of entire sourcebox.com server to destinationbox.com
#
echo
echo "THIS SCRIPT MUST BE RUN AS user=root."
echo;echo "Executing rsync to destinationbox.com. Using key authentication
to connect..";
sync;(rsync --rsync-path "sudo rsync" -vaHxz --numeric-ids --delete / -e ssh
username@destinationbox.com:/backup/rsync_from_sourcebox) >> rsync.log 2>&1;
sync;(rsync --rsync-path "sudo rsync" -vaHxz --numeric-ids --delete /boot -e
ssh username@destinationbox.com:/backup/rsync_from_sourcebox)

I am merely trying to avoid a total system reload. So, any tips would be
appreciated!

Thanks,

Gordon