rsyncd.conf to control unix permissions - Tools

This is a discussion on rsyncd.conf to control unix permissions - Tools ; Hi, I was looking for a solution to force special unix permissions in conjunction with rsync. I want to use it for a webserver upload which is served by a rsync server. There I need the special unix permissions to ...

  1. rsyncd.conf to control unix permissions

    Hi,

    I was looking for a solution to force special unix permissions in
    conjunction with rsync. I want to use
    it for a webserver upload which is served by a rsync server. There I
    need the special unix permissions to make sure
    apache is functioning properly after each upload.

    On Tue Mar 11 22:11:38 EST 2003 someone wrote a patch for that. (
    http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync...ch/005468.html )
    I took a look at loadparams.c and couldnt find the parameters create
    mask and so on.

    So It seem the patch wasnt accepted by the rsync developers. Can
    somebody tell me why ?

    thanks in advice

    --
    Thomas Heil
    Skype: phiber.sun

  2. Re: rsyncd.conf to control unix permissions

    On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 13:08 +0200, Thomas Heil wrote:
    > I was looking for a solution to force special unix permissions in
    > conjunction with rsync. I want to use
    > it for a webserver upload which is served by a rsync server. There I
    > need the special unix permissions to make sure
    > apache is functioning properly after each upload.
    >
    > On Tue Mar 11 22:11:38 EST 2003 someone wrote a patch for that. (
    > http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync...ch/005468.html )
    > I took a look at loadparams.c and couldnt find the parameters create
    > mask and so on.
    >
    > So It seem the patch wasnt accepted by the rsync developers.

    A superset of the functionality of the old rsyncd-perm patch is
    available through the "incoming chmod" parameter.

    Matt