Re: Transfer between windows and linux going wrong - Tools

This is a discussion on Re: Transfer between windows and linux going wrong - Tools ; On Tue 30 Sep 2008, Bruno Guimar„es Sousa wrote: > I am running rsync 2.6.9-2etch2 protocol version 29 in a Debian machine. > There is a Windows machine that I want to get the files from debian. For > that ...

  1. Re: Transfer between windows and linux going wrong

    On Tue 30 Sep 2008, Bruno Guimar„es Sousa wrote:

    > I am running rsync 2.6.9-2etch2 protocol version 29 in a Debian machine.
    > There is a Windows machine that I want to get the files from debian. For
    > that I'm using rsync for windows version 3.0.4 protocol version 30
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -Cavz root@10.1.100.45:/root/
    > rsync: Failed to exec ssh: No such file or directory (2)
    > rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(84) [receiver=3.0.4]
    > rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
    > rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(632)
    > [receiver=3.0.4]
    >
    > The problem is the protocol version difference right? If it is, how can i

    No, the problem is that you don't have any "ssh" program on your windows
    system, and you've instructed rsync to do the transfer over ssh (no -e
    option thus default ssh, and a single colon thus not a connection to an
    rsync daemon).

    If you configure the Debian system to run rsync as a daemon (create an
    appropriate /etc/rsyncd.conf file, see /usr/share/doc/rsync/* and edit
    /etc/default/rsync and do /etc/init.d/rsync start), then you should be
    able to transfer thusly:

    "C:\Program Files\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe" -Cavz 10.1.100.45::your_module_name_here/

    Paul Slootman

  2. RE: Re: Transfer between windows and linux going wrong

    Cwrsync comes with an ssh client and a batch file example (cwrsync.cmd) for
    proper operation.

    By customizing the example file, you will be able to use ssh as tranport
    provider.

    Tev