Re: without passwd - Tools

This is a discussion on Re: without passwd - Tools ; Hi Rajiv, from rsync(1): | Some paths on the remote server may require authentication. If so then | you will receive a password prompt when you connect. You can avoid the | password prompt by setting the environment variable RSYNC_PASSWORD ...

  1. Re: without passwd

    Hi Rajiv,

    from rsync(1):
    | Some paths on the remote server may require authentication. If so then
    | you will receive a password prompt when you connect. You can avoid the
    | password prompt by setting the environment variable RSYNC_PASSWORD to
    | the password you want to use or using the --password-file option. This
    | may be useful when scripting rsync.

    Cheers

    On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:49:08PM +0530, Rajiv Nair wrote:
    > Hi, I have two Fedora box and rsync running on both systems. One system ip
    > is 192.168.1.110 and the other is 192.168.1.71. I run manually for the
    > following commands in both systems. my problem is whenever run it asking
    > the user passwd and i cannot run the same automatically using crontab. My
    > question is how to avoid the passwd option...
    >
    > rsync -aPrv rsync://192.168.1.110/detailing/ /data/backup/detailing
    >
    > 192.168.1.110 is my local fedora box and /data/backup/detailing is another
    > local fedora box...
    >
    > Please help to get rid of passwd.
    >
    > Rajiv.

    > --

    http://benjamin-schweizer.de/contact

  2. Re: without passwd

    On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 16:23 +0530, Rajiv Nair wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Rajiv Nair
    > wrote:
    > dear thanks..Got another error and not able to understand
    >
    > ERROR: auth failed on module detailing
    > rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
    > main.c(1495) [receiver=3.0.2]

    Check the daemon's log file (or syslog, which is typically saved
    to /var/log/messages, if you haven't specified one) for details on why
    the authentication failed.

    Matt