Rsync client under windows very slow - Tools

This is a discussion on Rsync client under windows very slow - Tools ; Hi all, i'm using an rsync windows server under cygwin. The rsync linux clients work very well, using all available bandwidth; instead the only windows server 2003 client does not exceed the 80 KB/s when transferring files, so it is ...

  1. Rsync client under windows very slow

    Hi all, i'm using an rsync windows server under cygwin.
    The rsync linux clients work very well, using all available bandwidth;
    instead the only windows server 2003 client does not exceed the 80 KB/s when
    transferring files, so it is very slow.
    It is invoked through command line

    rsync --verbose --progress --stats --compress --recursive --times --perms
    --links --delete --password-file .......

    I've read something about patches available for windows clients, or running
    rsync as server even on windows clients, but I've not clue on how deal with
    this.
    Any help please?
    Thank you all.
    Mik

  2. MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References; b=Onl0e0K0lQ1GqAsSd4SSL0/BawPNkF/FNLqP7YR1o13IdRi93cAic4qpSxPjCThNu5R4lKful7RynpFW5 HcD0rivrhquMjjdTu6jG7d8KivUc+Ummx1TDcO5di0je3ctHOH zU/Gu+g2O5aRzCIKSUPH0i0fh4/EdZRLw+tUFAJI=

    You tried using the cwrsync?

    This is a Windows designed version of Rsync.

    I've no trouble with file transfer speed from my 2003 server to XP/NAS or
    to a Linux machine.

    --
    Stuart Halliday

    > Hi all, i'm using an rsync windows server under cygwin.
    > The rsync linux clients work very well, using all available bandwidth;
    > instead the only windows server 2003 client does not exceed the 80 KB/s
    > when
    > transferring files, so it is very slow.
    > It is invoked through command line

    This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
    This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
    VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
    http://www.ecs-tech.com/

  3. R: Rsync client under windows very slow

    Thank you for your reply.
    I've installed the cwrsync client for windows 2003 server, now i can get a
    200 KB/sec bandwidth, better of before, but still a quarter of the linux
    client transfers bandwidth.
    So it is really a rsync implementation on windows that lacks of something.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks