logging rsync transfers in processable format - Tools

This is a discussion on logging rsync transfers in processable format - Tools ; For my rsync daemon, I would like it to log in a format that I could run some stats on, eg by webalizer that I use for http and ftp transfers. Is that doable? best regards keld -- Please use ...

  1. logging rsync transfers in processable format

    For my rsync daemon, I would like it to log in a format that I could run
    some stats on, eg by webalizer that I use for http and ftp transfers.

    Is that doable?

    best regards
    keld

  2. Re: logging rsync transfers in processable format

    On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 18:25 +0200, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
    > For my rsync daemon, I would like it to log in a format that I could run
    > some stats on, eg by webalizer that I use for http and ftp transfers.

    You can customize the format with the "log format" daemon parameter (see
    the rsyncd.conf(5) man page). I don't know what format webalizer
    expects, but it should be possible to produce that format using an
    appropriate "log format" parameter, possibly in combination with sed.
    Note also that rsync comes with a "support/rsyncstats" program that will
    produce some statistics, but not necessarily the ones you want.

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread