Error message "Killed: 9"? - Tools

This is a discussion on Error message "Killed: 9"? - Tools ; Hi, I'm trying to use rsync to backup one server to another, so I'm using this line of code: "rsync -avz -e "ssh -i /usr/home/davis201/rsync-key" /usr/www/users/davis201 duyenoyama@gateway.tippingpointlabs.com :/backup/", which gives me the error "Killed: 9" when it terminates. I've tried ...

  1. Error message "Killed: 9"?

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use rsync to backup one server to another, so I'm using this
    line of code: "rsync -avz -e "ssh -i /usr/home/davis201/rsync-key"
    /usr/www/users/davis201 duyenoyama@gateway.tippingpointlabs.com:/backup/",
    which gives me the error "Killed: 9" when it terminates.

    I've tried turning on verbose to see if it'll give me any more details,
    but all it tells me is:
    "sending file_sum
    false_alarms=0 hash_hits=0 matches=0
    sender finished /usr/www/users/davis201/tpm/work/roa_pub_01b.jpg
    recv_generator(davis201/tpm/work/sonofabitch.flv,16023)
    send_files(16023, /usr/www/users/davis201/tpm/work/sonofabitch.flv)
    send_files mapped /usr/www/users/davis201/tpm/work/sonofabitch.flv of size
    42369931
    calling match_sums /usr/www/users/davis201/tpm/work/sonofabitch.flv
    Killed: 9"

    Occasionally the command will work, but occasionally isn't what I'm
    looking for.

    I would appreciate any help troubleshooting this error message.

    Thanks,
    Marc

  2. Re: Error message "Killed: 9"?

    On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:57:43AM -0400, mheld@tippingpointlabs.com wrote:
    > which gives me the error "Killed: 9" when it terminates.

    That's not an rsync error, but is likely to be a shell message that says
    that something else killed rsync. I'd suggest checking the system log
    files and/or process history files to see if something/someone killed it.

    ...wayne..