On S 5 Jul, 2008, at 04:36 , Matt McCutchen wrote:

> Those patches are Mac-specific, so I'm pretty sure they won't go into
> the main rsync, but it would make sense to include them in
> packagings of
> rsync for Mac OS X. The two main packagings I know of are from Fink
> and
> MacPorts:
>
> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/rsync
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/tru...rsync/Portfile
>
> It appears that the Fink package includes the patches but the MacPorts
> one doesn't; someone should encourage the MacPorts people to add the
> patches.

some people stay rightly away from either Fink and MacPorts, as these
are quite far from a vanillla MacOSX. I certainly don't use them and
still can build and install all that I need from sources. It would
make sense to keep those patches in the source in some system specific
directory (or in a contrib directory).

Giuliano