Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer - Tools

This is a discussion on Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer - Tools ; Hi, I have installed cwRsync Server on Windows Server 2000. I having problems starting the Rsync Server service. If I try to start it manually. I get a message says; Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer ...

  1. Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer

    Hi,
    I have installed cwRsync Server on Windows Server 2000. I having
    problems starting the Rsync Server service. If I try to start it manually.
    I get a message says;

    Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer
    The service did not return and error. There could be an internal windows
    error or internal service error.
    If the problem persists contact your system administrator

    I have treid to turn the firewall off and I have also tried it with no
    anti-virus software running. I googled and fond lots of people have the
    same issue but no solution.

    Can anybody shed the light on it please.
    Thanks

    Khan

  2. Re: Could not start Rsync Server service on the Local Computer

    On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 08:51 -0400, Abdul Khan wrote:
    > I have installed cwRsync Server on Windows Server 2000. I having
    > problems starting the Rsync Server service.

    You should ask this on the cwRsync forum:

    http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php...WS_MAN_ITEMS=1

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread