Storing pre-cached hashes - Tools

This is a discussion on Storing pre-cached hashes - Tools ; Hello, Would it be possible to analyze and store hashing information about file A before it is neccessary to compare it with file B? I want to know because in my software file A will not be available to either ...

  1. Storing pre-cached hashes

    Hello,

    Would it be possible to analyze and store hashing information about
    file A before it is neccessary to compare it with file B? I want to
    know because in my software file A will not be available to either
    system when the new version of the file must be sent.

    Sincerely,
    --
    Michael Short
    Securenets

  2. Re: Storing pre-cached hashes

    On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:23:24AM -0500, Michael Short wrote:
    > Would it be possible to analyze and store hashing information about
    > file A before it is neccessary to compare it with file B? I want to
    > know because in my software file A will not be available to either
    > system when the new version of the file must be sent.

    The only thing that rsync supports in that genre is its batch
    processing. As long as you know what the destination file's current
    state is, you can write out a batch that will update it, transport the
    batch, and apply it.

    ...wayne..