errors while renaming files - Tools

This is a discussion on errors while renaming files - Tools ; Hello all, i got the following errors while i was trying to rename a reconstucted file using finish_transfer function. rsync: failed to set permissions on "/home/zahed_l/Documents/rsync-3.0.2/r2/.README.seg8nV": Read-only file system (30) rsync: rename "/home/zahed_l/Documents/rsync-3.0.2/r2/.README.seg8nV" -> "README": Read-only file system (30) what ...

  1. errors while renaming files

    Hello all,

    i got the following errors while i was trying to rename
    a reconstucted file using finish_transfer function.

    rsync: failed to set permissions on
    "/home/zahed_l/Documents/rsync-3.0.2/r2/.README.seg8nV": Read-only file
    system (30)
    rsync: rename "/home/zahed_l/Documents/rsync-3.0.2/r2/.README.seg8nV" ->
    "README": Read-only file system (30)

    what is the problem? can anybody help me out here?

    thank you,
    zahed

  2. Re: errors while renaming files

    I worked out what the problem was in the first place.
    I just had to make list_only and read_only equal to zero.

    thanx anyways,
    zahed