pre-xfer doesn't seem to receive the script's exit code (2.6.9 onSolaris) - Tools

This is a discussion on pre-xfer doesn't seem to receive the script's exit code (2.6.9 onSolaris) - Tools ; I'm using 2.6.9 on Solaris for both client and server. No matter what I do the client returns the following pre-xfer exec returned failure (-1) rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at clientserver.c(685) [sender=2.6.9] I have run the ...

  1. pre-xfer doesn't seem to receive the script's exit code (2.6.9 onSolaris)

    I'm using 2.6.9 on Solaris for both client and server.

    No matter what I do the client returns the following

    pre-xfer exec returned failure (-1)
    rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at
    clientserver.c(685) [sender=2.6.9]

    I have run the script on the command line and it exits with a code of
    0

    I have even tried using simple commands like ls or even rsync --
    version

    I'm at a dead end, anyone got any ideas?

  2. Re: pre-xfer doesn't seem to receive the script's exit code (2.6.9 onSolaris)

    On May 8, 1:52 pm, Matt wrote:
    > I'm using 2.6.9 on Solaris for both client and server.
    >
    > No matter what I do the client returns the following
    >
    > pre-xfer exec returned failure (-1)
    > rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at
    > clientserver.c(685) [sender=2.6.9]
    >
    > I have run the script on the command line and it exits with a code of
    > 0
    >
    > I have even tried using simple commands like ls or even rsync --
    > version
    >
    > I'm at a dead end, anyone got any ideas?

    I put some logging in the script so I know it is executed and the last
    echo is followed by an exit 0. So I am pretty sure that the script
    exits with a status of 0

+ Reply to Thread