On Apr 8, 2008, S.A. Birl (nospam-sbirl+rsync@temple.edu.ns) typed:

Apr 8: On Apr 8, 2008, Paul Slootman (nospam-paul+rsync@wurtel.net.ns) typed:
Apr 8:
Apr 8: Paul: On Mon 07 Apr 2008, S.A. Birl wrote:
Apr 8: Paul: > On Apr 7, 2008, Paul Slootman (nospam-paul+rsync@wurtel.net.ns) typed:
Apr 8: Paul: >
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: On Mon 07 Apr 2008, S.A. Birl wrote:
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: >
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: > Server is running rsync 2.6.1 on RH
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: > Client is running rsync 2.6.3 on Cygwin (Win2003)
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: >
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: > When I connect client to server, I get kicked out after SSH
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: > authentication. I can manually ssh into the server with no problems.
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul:
Apr 8: Paul: > Paul: Is the server running an rsync daemon? If so, why the ssh?
Apr 8: Paul: >
Apr 8: Paul: > Well, unless I misunderstood the man page, I thought I *had* to have
Apr 8: Paul: > another protocol (ssh, ftp, etc) for the rsync daemon.
Apr 8: Paul:
Apr 8: Paul: You generally run rsync over ssh, with the following syntax:
Apr 8: Paul: rsync [options] srcdir remotehost:destdir (pushing to remote host)
Apr 8: Paul: rsync [options] remotehost:srcdir destdir (pulling from remote host)

Currently the origin server (running Cygwin) is connceting to the
Redhat rsyncd server. But the rsyncd is sending it's updates to
Cygwin (Win2003) and I want to reverse that flow (and keep it in only
that 1 direction).

Do I have to rsyncd on the Win2003 (and kill the RedHat daemon), or
can I push my changes onto RedHat rsyncd?

Thanks
Birl

Please do not CC me responses to my own posts.
I'll read the responses on the list.