--===============1350707051==

--=-FBCMmkRK9l3Pfbdq4Rf3

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:12 -0500, Rama D. Chavali wrote:
> I have a mac pro and a windows Vm which I want to keep sync. I tired=20
> using other Sync programs but they do not seems to be working. I tend=20
> to leave applications running which create their own temp files in its=20
> own specific folder, which caused the other sync programs to crash. I=20
> tired SyncToy by MS and Unison. I am looking for a bi-directional sync=20
> program that runs in the background and syncs any changes caused to the=20
> folder. I heard that rsync can slove this problem for me, but I am not=20
> sure how.

For bidirectional synchronization, I would recommend Unison. AFAIK, it
doesn't have a mode to listen for changes in the background and act on
them immediately, but you could configure a cron job or scheduled task
to invoke Unison every few minutes. If you encountered a problem with
Unison, you can get help via the "mailing list" at=20
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unison-users .

Matt

--=-FBCMmkRK9l3Pfbdq4Rf3

--=-FBCMmkRK9l3Pfbdq4Rf3--