--===============0844007145==

------=_Part_32429_8095515.1207754412417

I have the following configuration:

Server side:
rsync daemon running as suid root, use chroot set to false.

Client side:
rsync client setuid root (so that it can write over other suid root owned
files).

When doing a :: based rsync to the server, I'd like to have the client be
able to create/update files as the owner I pass on the command line. Since
it has to be setuid root, and I don't use the -o option to preserve owner
(my users aren't the same between client and server so I don't want it to
map), it ends up creating the files as root.

There doesn't appear to be a way for me to tell rsync to use a specific
owner for creating/updating files. The --chmod option lets me override
permissions, but nothing for owner. Perhaps a --setuid option?

Any suggestions?