On Apr 8, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Kenneth Seal wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> I read your thread online at http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync...ne/012847.html
> and I am having a similar problem.
>
> In my case, rsync displays the error code "rsync error: some files
> could not be transferred (code 23)" and it kills my script. Do you
> have any advice on how would I go about writing, researching etc. a
> script to tell rsync to ignore such errors?
>
> I am using the bash shell in Mac OS 10.5.2. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
> Ken
> --

The result code of a command is stored in a special variable named $?

Check the value of that variable in an if statement immediately after
the rsync line in your script

If the value is 0 then there were no errors. If the value is 23, then
you could log a warning or not. If there is any other value in $? ,
then you have another problem.

If we could see the relevant lines of your script we might be able to
provide more help.

Also you control whether your script succeeds or fails based on the
last line in your script.

If you want it to succeed, the last line would be

exit 0

Google for advanced bash scripting guide for more info.

Kyle