--===============1485529096==

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

I have released rsync 3.0.2. This is a security release to fix a
potential buffer overflow in the extended attribute support. For
more details, see the rsync security advisory page:

http://rsync.samba.org/security.html

There is a patch there that can be applied to 2.6.9 (if you were using
the xattrs.patch), 3.0.0, or 3.0.1.

Those running a writable rsync daemon can opt to refuse the "xattrs"
option in their daemon config to avoid the problem without an upgrade.

I would like to thank Sebastian Krahmer for bringing this bug to my
attention.

To see the brief summary of the changes since 3.0.1, visit this link:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-3.0.2-NEWS

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-3.0.2.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src...0.2.tar.gz.asc

...wayne..

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM