On Apr 7, 2008, Paul Slootman (nospam-paul+rsync@wurtel.net.ns) typed:

Paul: On Mon 07 Apr 2008, S.A. Birl wrote:
Paul: >
Paul: > Server is running rsync 2.6.1 on RH
Paul: > Client is running rsync 2.6.3 on Cygwin (Win2003)
Paul: >
Paul: > When I connect client to server, I get kicked out after SSH
Paul: > authentication. I can manually ssh into the server with no problems.
Paul:
Paul: Is the server running an rsync daemon? If so, why the ssh?

Well, unless I misunderstood the man page, I thought I *had* to have
another protocol (ssh, ftp, etc) for the rsync daemon.

One less protocol would be good. How will that affect authentication?
I'll need to lock down who/what can connect to the daemon.

Could you tell me what the client/server commands would be, please?

Thank you
S.A. Birl

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
The information contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is the
confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Temple
University. The information is intended for use solely by the individual
or entity named in the e-mail. If you are not an intended recipient or
you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or
distribution of any such information is prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your
system.