From: rsync-bounces+danielp=ap.com@lists.samba.org
[mailto:rsync-bounces+danielp=ap.com@lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Brian D.
McGrew
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:35 PM
To: rsync@lists.samba.org
Subject: Max files/buffer overflow

Hello All,

I am having an interesting issue where using the command 'rsync -avP -e ssh'
seems to want to bail out on filesystems that have more than about 1.2
million files.
Using that same command on smaller filesystems works like a charm! The
server is rsync 2.6.8 protocol 29 and the destination is rsync 2.6.3
protocol 28. The server is Fedora Core 4 and the client is Mac OS 10.5.2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get around this. I have about four million
files on a file system that I need to replicate to a disk in this Mac!

Do I just need to upgrade? Can someone point me to binary packages for
Fedora Core 4 and Mac OS 10.5 (Intel)???

Help!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88EE8.AD2FDD72

Message

It's
not the best answer, but it should work to reduce your burden for the
moment....

size=2>

cd
parent-of-directories

for
FLDR in dir1 dir2 dir4 dir17

size=2>do

    color=#0000ff size=2>cd $FLDR

    color=#0000ff size=2>rsync -avP --e ssh source/$FLDR .

    color=#0000ff size=2>cd ..

size=2>done

size=2>

size=2>-dP