--===============1505236703==

--0-1428393533-1206496296=:84583

Hello,

I need help in installing and configuring rsync in AIX 5.3, i have tested installing the popt and rsync 2.6.2 in a test test box.

steps I have done on both the systems...

Installed the popt and rsync. (By default it was installed in /usr/bin/rsync)
edited /etc/services with line "rsync 873/tcp"
edited /etc/inetd.conf with the line
"rsync stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/rsync rsyncd –daemon"
refreshed the inetd.conf
ran netstat -an and the port is opened for communication

After this i am not able to see the rsyncd.conf and rsyncd.secrets in the /etc directory, please guide me to configure the directory and the files to be synchronized.

Thanks in advance...

---------------------------------
--0-1428393533-1206496296=:84583

Hello,

      I need help in installing and configuring rsync in AIX 5.3, i have tested installing the popt and rsync 2.6.2 in a test test box.

steps I have done on both the systems...

    Installed the popt and rsync. (By default it was installed in /usr/bin/rsync)
   edited /etc/services with line "rsync 873/tcp"
   edited /etc/inetd.conf with the line
           "rsync stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/rsync rsyncd –daemon"
   refreshed the inetd.conf
   ran netstat -an  and the port is opened for communication

After this i am not able to see the rsyncd.conf and rsyncd.secrets in the /etc directory, please guide me to configure the directory and the files to be synchronized.

Thanks in advance...

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i...Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ "> Try it now.
--0-1428393533-1206496296=:84583--