--===============1160283528==

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

Yes, it's finally that time -- rsync 3.0.0 has been released. This is a
feature release that also includes quite a few bug fixes.

I'd like thank everyone who participated in the development and testing
of rsync. I hope that you enjoy this latest version!

The 3.0.0 version number is such a large bump up from 2.6.9 due to the
addition of an incremental recursion scan (which helps a lot with large
transfers) and the official arrival of several other new features,
including ACL support, extended attribute support, filename character-
set conversion, etc.

To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre10-NEWS

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0.tar.gz.asc

The patches directory was released in a separate tar file (optional):

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsy...s-3.0.0.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsy...0.0.tar.gz.asc

...wayne..

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ