--===============0121792088==

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre9. We needed one last bug-fix release
prior to the 3.0.0 final release, so here it is. I'm not anticipating
any large changes prior to that milestone. Please help to test it to
ensure that we're ready to go! Send email to the rsync mailing list
with your questions, comments, bug reports, etc.

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre9.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsy...re9.tar.gz.asc

The patches directory was released in a separate tar file:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsy...0.0pre9.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsy...re9.tar.gz.asc

The following changes were made since pre8 was released:

- Fixed some lingering problems with sending extended attributes,
particularly in dry-run mode.

- Improved batch-file option checking to avoid protocol problems when
reading from a batch file.

- Improved the error reporting of files that need to be resent due to a
checksum failure.

- Fixed a problem with using --iconv in a daemon transfer.

- Fixed the handling of 64-bit inode hard links on 64-bit CPUs.

- Excludes can no longer affect directories implied when using
--relative.

- Avoid a bogus "vanished" error when using any of the --copy*links
options, not just --copy-links itself.

- Made the delete code use a little less stack when recursing through a
directory hierarchy.

- Handle the removal of files that are owned by the (non-root) user
that is running rsync and lack write permissions.

- Fixed the combination of --only-write-batch and --dry-run.

- Made --only-write-batch output "(BATCH ONLY)" in the footer.

- Some documentation improvements.

- Some other minor fixes.

To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre9-NEWS

...wayne..

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--