partial-dir file isn't deleted upon completion - Tools

This is a discussion on partial-dir file isn't deleted upon completion - Tools ; I'm using rsync 2.6.8 on two AIX boxes. --partial-dir seems to work, however the file in partial-dir isn't deleted once the file transfer has been completed. >From it's man page: --partial-dir=DIR A better way to keep partial files than the ...

  1. partial-dir file isn't deleted upon completion

    I'm using rsync 2.6.8 on two AIX boxes.

    --partial-dir seems to work, however the file in partial-dir isn't
    deleted once the file transfer has been completed.

    >From it's man page:

    --partial-dir=DIR
    A better way to keep partial files than the --partial
    option is to specify a DIR that will be used to hold
    the partial data (instead of writing it out to the
    destination file). On the next transfer, rsync will
    use a file found in this dir as data to speed up the
    resumption of the transfer and then delete it after it
    has served its purpose.

    To test, I'm using:

    rsync -av --partial-dir=./incomplete /mypath/outbound
    remotesys:/itspath/inbound

    I can interrupt the transfer (Ctrl-C) and see that the temp file is
    moved to the partial-dir on the remote side. Starting up again l can
    tell it's using the partial file and continues the transfer.

    When the transfer is completed, the incomplete file remains in the
    partial-dir.

    Broken?

  2. Re: partial-dir file isn't deleted upon completion

    BTW - without using partial, it looks like my temp files aren't being
    deleted upon an interrupted transfer either.

    > I'm using rsync 2.6.8 on two AIX boxes.
    >
    > --partial-dir seems to work, however the file in partial-dir isn't
    > deleted once the file transfer has been completed.
    >
    > >From it's man page:

    > --partial-dir=DIR
    > A better way to keep partial files than the --partial
    > option is to specify a DIR that will be used to hold
    > the partial data (instead of writing it out to the
    > destination file). On the next transfer, rsync will
    > use a file found in this dir as data to speed up the
    > resumption of the transfer and then delete it after it
    > has served its purpose.
    >

    > To test, I'm using:
    >
    > rsync -av --partial-dir=./incomplete /mypath/outbound
    > remotesys:/itspath/inbound
    >
    > I can interrupt the transfer (Ctrl-C) and see that the temp file is
    > moved to the partial-dir on the remote side. Starting up again l can
    > tell it's using the partial file and continues the transfer.
    >
    > When the transfer is completed, the incomplete file remains in the
    > partial-dir.
    >
    > Broken?

+ Reply to Thread