Hi,

I've been running cwrsync on Windows 2003 for at least a year now to
backup remote servers over a VPN link and it's worked well. Recently
rsync has been refusing to run and crashes out on the "receiving file
list ... " process at the beginning with the following error:

sync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes [generator]:
Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(1115) [generator=2.6.8]
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=1115): about to call exit(12)
rsync error: received SIGUSR1 (code 19) at main.c(1095)
[receiver=2.6.8]
_exit_cleanup(code=19, file=main.c, line=1095): about to call exit(19)

I have tried upgrading the latest release and have also extended the
timeout settings as was indicated by other posts. It dies around the
same time each time, at ~ 16200 files so I'm wondering if there is a
file count limit being reached, it's very close to the the 2^14 mark.

Jon Williams