I have been using the same rsync command inside cygwin on my windows
build machine for over two years. All of the sudden two weeks ago it
started deleting the entire hard drive contents on two different
machines. There were no changes to either machine for weeks prior to
that. the command is ...

cd /usr/local/cvs-mirror ; export RSYNC_PASSWORD="woxenbai" ; rsync -av
--delete --force rsync://igt@10.10.11.10/igt igt

Does anyone know why this would occur and any troubleshooting technics
for figuring this out and how to make it stop behaving badly. Each
time I do a test rsync I have to rebuild the machine --- luckily I now
have ghost images to restore.