Hello,

I have inherited a setup where there are 2 AIX 5.1 systems in 2
separate
sites. There are large database files that are backed from each site
the other via rsync. Currently, it is using rsync version 2.5.4. It
does
it via ssh with the options -avz. This has all been merrily plodding
along
for some time. There is one file that is over 45 GB, and it started
having
trouble with that file. I don't know what the size of the file was
before
it started having trouble or if they made a bunch of changes in this
..dbf
fille before it started having trouble. There are other large files
that
are smaller than this (i.e., 30 GB, etc.). The error message was:
ERROR: out of memory in build_hash_table
rsync error: error allocating core memory buffers (code 22) at
util.c(115)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (585911608 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1224 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)
Rsyncget completed file transfer at Sat Mar 11 02:49:52 EST 2006

We tried pushing and pulling both, and it gets that error both ways. I
tried downloading an already compiled version of rsync 2.6.4 (and a
version
I compiled as well that includes support for AIX large files), and
using
this on both ends, it seems to hang, and the hidden .file.xyz that it
creates stalls at size 2097152. ulimit -a shows:
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) 131072
stack(kbytes) 32768
memory(kbytes) 32768
coredump(blocks) 2097151
nofiles(descriptors) 2000

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, I'm at my wit's end with
this stuff, since I've never used it previous to this.

Thanks a lot!