rsync error code (-25) - Tools

This is a discussion on rsync error code (-25) - Tools ; I have 6 branch office boxes all running NBO2.0 sp3. All the same hardware, one office does much more file changes than the other 5. I have cut replication down to hourly but still am getting a failed rsync "rsync ...

  1. rsync error code (-25)

    I have 6 branch office boxes all running NBO2.0 sp3. All the same
    hardware, one office does much more file changes than the other 5. I
    have cut replication down to hourly but still am getting a failed
    rsync "rsync error code (-25)" Sometimes I get 40MB downloaded before
    failure and sometimes its only 2MB. I cannot find any information on
    NOvell's website related to this error. OBTW, I have the CO server at
    NW6.5 SP5 Any thoughts? So far I have throttled down the bandwidth of
    rsync down to 1024Kbps, the branch is on a 1.5Mbps cable internet. The
    home office is on a 6MB ATT NxT1..

    TIA Dennis

  2. Re: rsync error code (-25)

    Dennis do you know all the specs for your cable plant? I was a cable
    engineer for Adelphia and I know that we did some magic at the CM level
    with regards to blocking certain protocols ( tftp, ftp, smtp, pop,
    rsync, etc.). If the cable modem isn't a "True" business class service
    most cable providers will turn everything off and running such services
    is against the TOS. Now you might say that's not the case because the
    rsync starts and runs to a point then dies, but from my experience at
    my former employer things are kinda fishy take for example some MSOs'
    are doing network shaping where they actually inspect the packet and
    re-route accordingly. This causes HUGE problems, I know these are the
    answers you were looking for but this may help guide you in the correct
    direction.

+ Reply to Thread