can not run rsync in cron - Tools

This is a discussion on can not run rsync in cron - Tools ; Hi, I am using rsync 2.5.6, protocol version 26 on RedHat Linux. If I run rsync on command, it works fine. But once I put it into cron, the exact same command between the same 2 machines does not work ...

  1. can not run rsync in cron

    Hi,
    I am using rsync 2.5.6, protocol version 26 on RedHat Linux.

    If I run rsync on command, it works fine. But once I put it into
    cron, the exact same command between the same 2 machines does not work
    any more.

    I put -vv into command option and the error message is,

    poll: protocol failure in circuit setup
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)

    Do you know what is wrong?

  2. Re: rsync problem

    hi ,
    i have nis client in that i run rsync jobs like using cronrab ...how
    to stop rsync in this machine.
    now i want to disable this rsync in this machine. and i want to run
    cronjob in another
    machine.
    can u plz help this.

+ Reply to Thread