Can I disable ssh in running rsync - Tools

This is a discussion on Can I disable ssh in running rsync - Tools ; Hi, I am using rsync in an intranet, I wonder if I could just disable ssh or select some non encrypt connection? I can not find such command option in rsync, just wish there were some way to do that....

  1. Can I disable ssh in running rsync

    Hi,
    I am using rsync in an intranet, I wonder if I could just disable ssh
    or select some non encrypt connection?

    I can not find such command option in rsync, just wish there were
    some way to do that.

  2. Re: Can I disable ssh in running rsync

    linq936@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am using rsync in an intranet, I wonder if I could just disable ssh
    > or select some non encrypt connection?
    >
    > I can not find such command option in rsync, just wish there were
    > some way to do that.

    For a RSH connection I use this:

    rsync -auve rsh

    The -e switch lets you select another connection. SSH is just the default.

    Doug

+ Reply to Thread