From: stoil valchkov
Date: Nov 1, 2005 3:05 PM
Subject: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)
To: rsync@lists.samba.org

Hi,

I've been experiencing this error for 2 weeks now. I don't now ehat could b=
a reason. I've tried to update with latest sources, but the same result (I'=
not sure for line number, but the rest is the same).

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (5881604 bytes received so far)
[generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

My synchronized data is about - 6.6GB & lot of files. It used to run withou=
problems but now it can't finish rvrn 1 time. Interesting part is that it
breaks often at the same place it was filed previous run (I have a loop in
shell script). I've checked source and destination rights - everything
should be fine. I've even deleted part of destination data. It didn't
succeed to download the deleted data.
So what could be a reason for this problem? Where can I look for possible
problems? Is it in rsync or in communication channel (I use ssh tunneling)?
Do you think that rsync server might do this better?

10x in advance!

------=_Part_4104_7603840.1131037684677

It seems however that this issue maight have soemthing with permisions
on the client side. I've noticed that somehow rights of some
directories are changed during rsync-ing. So I've tried to reset rights
(added write access for owner) in all directoris recursievely after
each rsync try. I don't know if this was the reason but  this is
1st time for more than 2 weeks now it succeeded!

Do you have ideas what is the reason?

I've been experiencing this error for 2 weeks now. I don't now ehat
could be a reason. I've tried to update with latest sources, but the
same result (I'm not sure for line number, but the rest is the same).

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (5881604 bytes received so far) =
[generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) a=
t io.c(359)
My
synchronized data is about - 6.6GB & lot of files. It used to run
without problems but now it can't finish rvrn 1 time. Interesting part