Wayne,

Wow- excellent!
Please help me understand what's "normal" for rsync development-
is it likely, or routine, or will-take-some-time, (or all-of-the-above),
for that patch to be vetted and integrated into mainline rsync released code?

I can see where this can be immediately useful to sites like
the one I mentioned, so I'll be happy to get it to folks I come across.
Beyond that, any insight into what the normal integration trajectory is for
such a patch, is also much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Larry