--===============1598787025==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5DDFB.659729CA

Hello All
=0D
We currently use rsync for various jobs at our company. We are now
looking at using it to create an offsite synchronized copy of an Oracle
10g
RAC archive logs area. The source area is on Oracle OCFS file system.

The OCFS filesystem requires all reads/writes to be performed with the
O_DIRECT option, thus bypassing cache. Oracle provide an updated
coreutils package which includes the --o_direct switch in cp, tar, dd
etc
to allow "normal" file operations on OCFS filesystems.

My question is, is there a facility to ensure rsync reads files in
O_DIRECT mode so that we can use it for this purpose?
=0D
=0D
Many Thanks
=0D
Regards,

Mahmood Majadly

Unix Team

Tel: 972-9-7765552

* mailto:mahmoodm@amdocs.com

=0D

The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated=
recipient(s)
of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended=
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or=
copying of=0D
this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.=0D
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us=
immediately
Thank you.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5DDFB.659729CA

Hello=0D
All

size=3D2>

We currently use rsync for various=
jobs at=0D
our company. We are now
looking at using it to create an offsite=
synchronized=0D
copy of an Oracle 10g
RAC archive logs area. The source area is on=
Oracle=0D
OCFS file system.

The OCFS filesystem requires all reads/writes to=
be=0D
performed with the
O_DIRECT option, thus bypassing cache. Oracle provide=
an=0D
updated
coreutils package which includes the --o_direct switch in cp,=
tar, dd=0D
etc
to allow "normal" file operations on OCFS filesystems.

My=
question=0D
is, is there a facility to ensure rsync reads files in
O_DIRECT mode so=
that=0D
we can use it for this purpose?

size=3D2>

Many=0D
Thanks

Regards,

Mahmood Majadly

Unix Team

Tel: 972-9-77 face=3D"Courier New">65552

=3D2>, face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>   href=
=3D"mailto:mahmoodm@amdocs.com">mailto:mahmoodm@amdocs.com

The information=
contained in this message is proprietary of Amdocs,