RSync fails randomly before starting - Tools

This is a discussion on RSync fails randomly before starting - Tools ; Hi We've got an rsync server setup on Windows 2000 running as daemon (using cygwin). We connect to this machine from several other servers to backup. When connecting from our FreeBSD 5.3 box, the following error occurs intermittently (well, 80% ...

  1. RSync fails randomly before starting

    Hi

    We've got an rsync server setup on Windows 2000 running as daemon
    (using cygwin). We connect to this machine from several other servers
    to backup.

    When connecting from our FreeBSD 5.3 box, the following error occurs
    intermittently (well, 80% of the time, but If I manually kick start it
    it works sometimes)

    Verifying Sources...
    Checking /home/vhosts...
    Excluding /backups/rsyncexclude.cnf
    Sources verified. Running rsync...
    rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (54) rsync error: error in
    rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)

    It only seems to occur when backing up a huge directory (about 5Gb),
    when trying to backup just 100 files it always works fine. Saying that,
    if it starts ok it does complete correctly.

    The error logged on the windows box is:

    2005/10/18 23:59:19 [5296] rsync: could not create child server
    process: No child processes (10)

    Any ideas??

  2. Re: RSync fails randomly before starting

    no ideas?

  3. Re: RSync fails randomly before starting

    benj...@hotmail.com
    Oct 20, 8:59 am show options
    Newsgroups: mailing.unix.rsync
    From: benj...@hotmail.com - Find messages by this author

[...]