Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:57:27PM +0300, Nick Demou (enLogic) wrote:
>
>>rsync: failed to set times on "/media/MOB1/m/test/.1.QKjE7e": Operation
>>not permitted (1)

> The "Operation not permitted" error is from your OS -- you'll need to
> figure out why your OS does not allow a utime()/utimes() call to
> succeed.

Wayne you are probably right but the strange thing is that I can do the
following without any error at all:

$ cd /media/MOB1/m/test
$ echo foo > .1.QKjE7e
$ touch .1.QKjE7e

so it must be something tricky and I am just spending my first weeks
with linux on my desktop (likely I have a little bit of a unix
background and alot of expirience in programming though most of it in
strange languages for microcontrolers)

Any ideas on how to investigate it?