Hi guys:

I'm new to rsync. I have downloaded and read sevral how-to snippits,
and the man pages. I got a little confused though trying to figure
out how to do what I need.

Can someone show me the syntax for doing the following:?

Given:

localserver = server that has data I want backed up, and I'm logged in
as root on it
remoteserver = server where the data is to go, into it's
/home/testuser/backup directory.

I understood the examples and basics of getting one file, can someone
tell me how to backup a list of files, and a list of directories, some
directories with specific files.

as in

/etc/named/*
/etc/some.conf
/home/bill/*
/home/james/somedocument

Ideally, a file where I could place a list of what I wanted to rsync
would be nice.

Thanks,
Scott