--===============1994469966==

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C5B96E.1BD12680

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have any ideas for what I am experiencing.

I use Rsync over a local network to backup files from a laptop to my =
main PC which is running the server as a service. These are both =
Windows 2000 machines running Cygwin 1.5.18-1 and Rsync 2.6.6. It works =
fine unless I turn on the partial file option (--partial) and then try =
to resume an interrupted copy. This is a log of what's happening.

opening tcp connection to 192.168.0.102 port 873
opening connection using --server -vvtr --partial . avcopy
building file list ...
24 files to consider
ShouldIWorryAbout/
ShouldIWorryAbout/Should I Worry About... Drinking.avi
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase "unknown" =
[sender]: Con
nection reset by peer (104)
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(584)

It definately seems to be a problem when it finds a partial of the file =
it is trying to copy in the destination directory. From what I have seen =
if you have the --partial option set, if you stop the transfer, the file =
in the destination directory is renamed to it's 'proper' name even =
though it is not complete. When the partial didn't rename properly I =
could start the transfer again without difficulty, otherwise I had to =
delete the partial file and start the transfer again.

Once the partial file is in the directory, even if I change the command =
to not make use of partial files, rsync still fails with the above =
error.

I am not using a secure channel and I have tried it without any =
firewalls running but this makes no difference. I am running cwRsync =
2.03 (http://www.itefix.no) on both the computers. Only the main PC has =
the server installed on it running as a service. I have checked the =
permissions and the correct local user has the ability to write to the =
required directory.

I googled the web and the archive list and didn't find anything that =
seemed to relate to it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ian
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C5B96E.1BD12680

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have any =
ideas for=20
what I am experiencing.

I use Rsync over a local network to =
backup files=20
from a laptop to my main PC which is running the server as a =
service. =20
These are both Windows 2000 machines running Cygwin 1.5.18-1 and Rsync=20
2.6.6.  It works fine unless I turn on the partial file option =
(--partial)=20
and then try to resume an interrupted copy.  This is a =
log of=20
what's happening.

opening tcp connection to 192.168.0.102 =
port=20
873
opening connection using --server -vvtr --partial . =
avcopy
building=20
file list ...
24 files to=20
consider
ShouldIWorryAbout/
ShouldIWorryAbout/Should I Worry =
About...=20
Drinking.avi
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase =

"unknown" [sender]: Con
nection reset by peer (104)
rsync: read =
error:=20
Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol =
data=20
stream (code 12) at io.c(584)

It definately seems to be a problem =
when it finds a=20
partial of the file it is trying to copy in the destination directory. =
>From what=20

I have seen if you have the --partial option set, if you stop the =
transfer, the=20
file in the destination directory is renamed to it's 'proper' name even =
though=20
it is not complete. When the partial didn't rename properly I could =
start the=20
transfer again without difficulty, otherwise I had to delete the=20
partial file and start the transfer again.

Once the partial file is in the =
directory,=20
even if I change the command to not make use of partial files, rsync =
still fails=20
with the above error.

I am not using a secure channel and I =
have tried it=20
without any firewalls running but this makes no difference. I am running =
cwRsync=20
2.03 (http://www.itefix.no) on =
both the=20
computers. Only the main PC has the server installed on it running as a=20
service.  I have checked the permissions and the correct local user =
has the=20
ability to write to the required directory.

I googled the web and the archive list =
and didn't=20