--===============1482355702==

------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01C5B86D.45969650

I am attempting to set up a "backup server" using rsync - it will store =
the backups from my 5 other servers and initiate the rsync process to =
pull the information over to itself. From there, it will all be going =
to tape.

I've read just about everything I could the past few weeks, and feel I =
am very close to a solution, but google's not helping much.

>From the backup server, I initiate the rsync process with the command:

rsync -av 10.10.10.5::dns/ /mnt/dns1

On the server being backed up, I have the following rsync.conf file:

uid =3D 0
gid =3D 0
use chroot =3D no
max connections =3D 4
syslog facility =3D local5
pid file =3D /var/run/rsyncd.pid
read only =3D true
list =3D false
hosts allow =3D 65.19.234.235

[dns]
path =3D /var/named
comment =3D dns config files

[web]
path =3D /var/www
comment =3D test web files

My problem: I keep getting the following error and can't find much info =
on it, or how to fix it:

rsync: read error: connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(177)

I've started the rsync process with rsync --daemon, and have modified =
the appropriate services and xinetd files. I've also sent a sig hup to =
xinetd.

Any help, or a point the in the right direction would be greatly =
appriciated.
------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01C5B86D.45969650

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

I am attempting to set up a "backup =
server" using=20
rsync - it will store the backups from my 5 other servers and initiate =
the rsync=20
process to pull the information over to itself.  From there, it =
will all be=20
going to tape.

I've read just about everything I could =
the past=20
few weeks, and feel I am very close to a solution, but google's not =
helping=20
much.

From the backup server, I initiate the =
rsync=20
process with the command:

rsync -av 10.10.10.5::dns/ =
/mnt/dns1

On the server being backed up, I have =
the following=20
rsync.conf file:

uid =3D 0
gid =3D 0
use chroot =
=3D no
max=20
connections =3D 4
syslog facility =3D local5
pid file =3D=20
/var/run/rsyncd.pid
read only =3D true
list =3D false
hosts =
allow =3D=20
65.19.234.235

[dns]
path =3D /var/named
comment =
=3D dns=20
config files

[web]
path =3D /var/www
comment =
=3D test web=20
files

My problem:  I keep getting the =
following=20
error and can't find much info on it, or how to fix it:

rsync: read error:  connection =
reset by=20
peer

rsync error:  error in rsync =
protocol data=20
stream (code 12) at io.c(177)

I've started the rsync process with =
rsync --daemon,=20
and have modified the appropriate services and xinetd files.  I've =
also=20
sent a sig hup to xinetd.

Any help, or a point the in the right =
direction=20