--===============2053939806==

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

I have released rsync version 2.6.5pre2 -- the second (and hopefully final)
pre-release for 2.6.5. The 2.6.5 release is primarily a bug-fix release to
squash some annoying bugs that made it into 2.6.4, though a few minor
enhancements did make it in as well.

To see all the changes since 2.6.4, go here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...2.6.5pre1-NEWS

To read the pre-release man pages:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/preview/rsync.html
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...yncd.conf.html

The changes since 2.5.6pre1 are:

- Improved the keep-alive code (when a timeout is in effect) to
handle a long silence between the sender and the receiver that can
occur when the sender is receiving the checksum data for a large
file.

- If a source filename ends with the name "..", treat it like "../"
had been specified (so that we don't copy files to the parent dir
of the destination).

- If --delete is combined with a file-listing rsync command (i.e. no
transfer is happening), avoid outputting a warning that we
couldn't delete anything.

- If --stats is specified with --delete-after, ensure that all the
"deleting" messages are output before the statistics.

- Improved one "if" in the deletion code that was only checking
errno for ENOTEMPTY when it should have also been checking for
EEXIST.=20

You can grab the tar file and its signature from here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...6.5pre1.tar.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...re1.tar.gz.asc

Or the diffs:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...5pre2.diffs.gz
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/pre...pre2.diffs.gz=
=2Easc

Please give it a try and send feedback! Thanks!

=2E.wayne..

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu--