rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(62) - Tools

This is a discussion on rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(62) - Tools ; Hi, I am not very familiar with rsync, so I would really appreciate somebody's help on this one. I have two machines running the exact same version of rsync: rsync version 2.5.7 protocol version 26 and I keep getting the ...

  1. rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(62)

    Hi, I am not very familiar with rsync, so I would really appreciate
    somebody's help on this one.
    I have two machines running the exact same version of rsync:

    rsync version 2.5.7 protocol version 26

    and I keep getting the above error. Here is the commmand that I run:

    rsync -e ssh -avvvz @:/home/
    /home//dest/

    and the response that I get:

    protocol version mismatch - is your shell clean?
    (see the rsync man page for an explanation)
    rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(62)
    _exit_cleanup(code=2, file=compat.c, line=62): about to call exit(2)

    Both rsyncs are running as daemons and have an identical rsyncd.conf
    file.

    Could anyone point me in the right direction here, please?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(62)

    I got it. My problem was with the "interactive" vs. "non-interactive"
    shell. On one of the machines, there was a command run on login, which
    apparently confused rsync. Works great now!

+ Reply to Thread