I'm running the cwrsync package with rsync 2.6.3 protocol version 28,
and have found that the usage of paths is different on Win95 as opposed to
WinXP.

For example, c:\download\mydir\myapp.exe, cygpath converts it to:

/c/download/mydir/myapp.exe for WinXP
/cygdrive/c/download/mydir/myapp.exe for Win95

NOTE: /cygdrive/c/down.... does not work under WinXP
I have not installed cygwin, nor do I want to.

I therefore don't know how rsync behaves on Me,Nt,2k, etc...

Can anyone shed any light on how I can programmatically adjust for
the type of WinOS my app is running under (which spawns rsync.exe).

Thanks

Wilco