Hi,

I have looked through the mailing list and groups but could not find
where the problem could be.

I am trying to do a rsync from a Solaris8 box to a solaris8 box on a
specfic port of a rsync server configured in inetd.conf as follows:

rsync stream tcp nowait sybase /admin/bbin/rsync
rsync --daemon --config=/admin/etc/rsyncd.conf

it is for rsyncing sybase dumps from server to server ...

The error I am getting is this (and it apprears almost immediatly):
$ rsync -vvvv --port=6971 test_file sybase@testbox::sybdumps/
opening tcp connection to testbox port 6971
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (12 bytes read so far)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=342): entered
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(342)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=342): about to call exit(12)

I have another user setup the same way and it works without any
problems ?

Where can I start looking ? Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
Tonino