Rsync over SSH - Tools

This is a discussion on Rsync over SSH - Tools ; Hi, I have been trying using Rsync over SSH connections. Without SSH, I can achieve my objectives. But once SSH comes in, I always got error like: "bash: line 1: rsync: command not found" I have set the path to ...

  1. Rsync over SSH

    Hi,

    I have been trying using Rsync over SSH connections. Without SSH, I
    can achieve my objectives.

    But once SSH comes in, I always got error like: "bash: line 1: rsync:
    command not found"

    I have set the path to SSH in my Bash shell so that all remote SSH
    sessions can access to rsync without explicitly specify the path.

    Did anyone face the same issue? Any suggestion or advice is greatly
    welcome.

    Thank you!

    regards,
    YM

  2. Re: Rsync over SSH

    I think you have to add --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync to your
    rsync command line. This happend because rsync need to know where the
    remote rsync is located. Also, check the line bellow and see how you
    need set your rsync command.

    $ rsync -azupogr -e ssh --progress --delete
    --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync /etc/init.d /etc/passwd
    remote_user@remote_hosts:/dest_directory

    tanym@time.net.my (YM Tan) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been trying using Rsync over SSH connections. Without SSH, I
    > can achieve my objectives.
    >
    > But once SSH comes in, I always got error like: "bash: line 1: rsync:
    > command not found"
    >
    > I have set the path to SSH in my Bash shell so that all remote SSH
    > sessions can access to rsync without explicitly specify the path.
    >
    > Did anyone face the same issue? Any suggestion or advice is greatly
    > welcome.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > regards,
    > YM