Hi

I have two hard disks. One is mounted as /home and the other as
/homecopy. I would like to make sure that at least once a day,
/homecopy contains all the info at /home does. So that if /home went
pop, /homecopy could be swapped over.

"rsync -a /home /homecopy"

was my initial thought. However, this would produce a directory called
"home" in /homecopy and all the files from /home/* would be copied to
/homecopy/home/*

Any idea how to copy from /home , but omiting the source directory
name in the copied version?

to clarify - "rsync -a /home /homecopy" copies /home/joe/whatever.html
to /homecopy/home/joe/whatever.html - when I'd like it to copy it to
/homecopy/joe/whatever.html

any ideas?

Joe