I am using rsync (version info below) to copy files between two Mac OS
X (Darwin 7.2.0) machines. Any time there is a zero sized file on the
source machine the rsync process crashes on the target machine. I'm
seeing this with aliases, and some files that show zero size under
unix, but that show a non-zero size via the finder.

Anyone else see this behavior? Any solutions out there?

Matt

target_machine $ /usr/local/bin/rsync -azvub --exclude '*~'
source_machine:/Volumes/Users/myhome/ /Volumes/Data/myhome/
[...]
write failed on Aliases/Users : Bad address
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(289)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (2686845 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(165)

rsync version 2.5.6 protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
HFS+ filesystem support for OSX (C)2002 Kevin A. Boyd